Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Positioning a window

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 31 August 2004]

I have a modal window displaying data and a tab-control.
(Max lines 55 - Max cols 80).

On the tab, there are some buttons to click to call subsequent programs. These subprograms are made to display just above the tab with the same dimensions.

Now, users can choose to maximize their windows in a setting screen.

My question :
If the user chooses to maximize there windows and the modal window is displayed with maximums as discrived above, ... when he clicks a button on the tab ... how can I make sure that the called program is displayed just above the tab-cotrol.

I tried to give the Col and Line to the subprogram, but it doesn't display right.

Any suggestions ?

Txs
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Positioning a window

Windows are positioned on the screen using SCREEN LINE and SCREEN COLUMN, have you used these?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Positioning a window

This helps just fine.
I've put SCREEN LINE and SCREEN COL in additional properties.

Thanks alot Gisle.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.