Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Printable PDF

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 February 2007]

Is anyone using printable PDF's in their cobol apps. We need to be able to display a printable pdf from our app and have the client be able to fill it in. I am able to display it in a web browser but not able to fillin the document. I click on the pdf field and my cursor goes there but I am unable to type anything and as soon as I start typing my cursor goes away.

Thanks,
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Printable PDF

Hi,

I am also having problems with PDF files in a web-browser control at present, and am working with Tech Support for a solution (ID:99-046652).

In my case, as soon as I try to do anything with the PDF in the WB control (even scrolling down), I lose control of my application. Nothing works anymore - mouse clicks, function keys, and keyboard are all dead. To revive it, I need to load another application (anything at all - even notepad) over the top of the AcuThin Client, and then return to the Thin client. Once I do this, I'm back in control - just so long as I don't try to do anything with the PDF.

When I wrote a M.Mouse program to test PDF files using the WB control, it worked perfectly. Does your PDF file work OK using the Acucorp sample program "webbrows.acu"? From my experience, the WB control only seems to have problems with PDF files when it is part of a larger application.

As for filling in PDF forms, we're looking at using PDF Tool Kit PDF Tool Kit to help automate the process. It is licenced under the GPL and is available in Windows and Linux flavours.

Regards,

Ian
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.