Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Problem installing acu 8.1 on windows 7

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 25 January 2010]

When I Try to install Acucobol-GT 8.1 on Windows 7 I get the message:

Error 1308. Source File not Found:

D:\ACU81SET\Program Files\Acucorp\Acucbl810\...\x86_Microsoft.V80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.cat

I tried to run in compatibily modes but ther error continues.

Can anybody help me ?

Thank in advandce.

CB52.

:mad:
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Problem installing acu 8.1 on windows 7

Catalog files are a new invention from Microsoft, to lessen the burden of trust dialogs that were introduced with Vista.

More about cat files here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa741204(VS.85).aspx

As the story says, I thought this was IE only, but perhaps it has been put into wider use with Windows 7.

Do note that the error is related to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime libraries, not the Extend product itself.

If it does not help to reinstall the Extend software, perhaps you should try to install the VC runtime alone:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Problem installing acu 8.1 on windows 7

Thank you GFORSETH:

Your advice was correct. Now ACU 8.1 is installed.

VC runtine was the problem.

😄
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.