Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Problem with 7.2 Runtime and Sharp Grid

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 17 October 2006]

We are in the process of upgrading our software from Acucorp 5.2 to Acucorp 7.2

We are having a problem.

Currently, we are running on Window Client Workstations and Windows Servers using Acuconnect as middleware.

We use threads to allow multiple windows to be opened at once.

The following scenerio shows the problem:

Open a window that has a Sharpgrid active-x control.

Open a new window leaving the Sharpgrid window open.

Close the new window.

When focus returns to the windows with the Sharpgrid control, the function keys are not operational. They do not terminate the accept.

The user has to click into the window with the mouse then things are fine. We know this windows has focus because the title bar does change colors and the menu is operational by using the alt key shortcuts. It is only the function keys that do not work.

If you leave the new window open and use alt-tab or a mouse click to get back to the sharpgrid window, this problem does not occur. It is only when focus is returned automatically after another window is closed.

It works fine using the Acucorp 5.2 runtime.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Problem with 7.2 Runtime and Sharp Grid

Is your Sharpgrid control the only control in your window?
I had a similar situation where I had a different ActiveX control in a window by itself where it would not receive focus unless the user did a mouse click in the window.
If your situation is the same as mine, it was a bug in the runtime that I reported and was duplicated and I got a patch for the 7.0 runtime.
The correction to the runtime will be in the 7.3 version when it is released.
The relevant ECN for 7.3 is ECN3215.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.