Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Problems with Citrix

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 April 2008]

We have encountered a problem after installing a new version of Citrix - Hotfix Rollup Pack PSE450W2K3R02. After this Wrun32 terminates with the following error-message:

WRUN32.EXE - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc06d007e). Click on OK to terminate the application.

This happens when I run on version 6.2.0 of the runtime.

If I switch to version 8.0 I get this error-message:

G:\test\acu80>wrun32
The system cannot execute the specified program.

Is this a known issue?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Problems with Citrix

Hi. I am not a Citrix expert and Acu does not install all citrix fix packs. In past there have been issue with Citrix and it's fix packs like this:

http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=216682&fromSearchPage=true&#216682 :

Delete the following registry values on the Terminal Server and reboot it:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters

Certificate
X509 Certificate
X509 Certificate ID
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Had the same problem with Citrix when upgrading from 7.2 to 8.0. Tech support after three-to-four weeks send some sub-directories to the runtime directory which fixed the problem. If you can't get the fix from them I would be happy to forward it to you. Our upgrade was not only the version but expanding our number of users and it was very upsetting. Running on the server itself worked fine and all other users got that dreaded "cannot execute specified program".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The issue with 8.0 is probably not a Citrix problem but is due to the 8.0 Runtime being dependent on some DLLs that are not accessible.

The resolution (and more complete explanation) for that is in the Micro Focus Supportline KB article here:

http://supportline.microfocus.com/mf_kb_display.asp?kbnumber=25406
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, it's not a v.8.0-problem, we are still on 6.2.0 and it occurs on that version as well.
I believe it to be a Citrix-related-problem, and not caused by Acu. I was just hoping that someone else had experienced the same problem here in this forum. This thread on a Citrix-forum tells that there are many other apps as well with problems: http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=137&threadID=101062
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I looked back at the problem we had and it indeed was not due to Citrix. It just happen the critical users were using Citrix. The problem was a "mapped disk" problem. Support sent us a couple of directories which corrected the problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It looks like this incident was a Citrix-problem. They have released another fix that solves this problem. Case closed.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.