Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Program shortcut keys to copy, paste, cut

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 February 2005]

Does anyone know how to program windows shortcut keys to copy, paste, cut in Acu graphical controls? Our users have to right click to display the pop menu to perform these tasks.

Thanks.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Program shortcut keys to copy, paste, cut

Thanks Davide. Works great in entry fields but does not work in the grid. Is this limitation of acu Grid?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by Davide
You can set the standard "Ctrl+C", "Ctrl+V" ... with these statements:

set environment "KEYSTROKE" to "Exception=1001 ^X"
"KEYSTROKE" to "Exception=1002 ^C"
"KEYSTROKE" to "Exception=1003 ^V"
"KEYSTROKE" to "Exception=1004 ^Z"
set exception values 1001 to cut-selection
1002 to copy-selection
1003 to paste-selection
1004 to undo

You should write this code in the main program of your application.

unbelievable. For years i?ve been missing this "feature". Everyone of our old programmers told me: it?s not possible.

Many, many thanks for these lines !
😄
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Someone can help me to ma thec control-key + Fonction-key ?

I have not found informations in acucobol documentation. The chapter 4.3.2.3 Table of keys is usefull for mapping keyboard but nothing about ctrl-key + fonction key .

I mean that I would like to map the CTRL-F4 Key so that I could associate It with an exception value.
Is it possible ?

Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try this

set environment "KEYSTROKE" to "Exception=1001 C4"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.