Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Questions about future versions of Thin Client

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 25 June 2003]

Hello Acucorp,

I visited the Benelux conference and there I heard that in the future there would be support for calling windows DLL's in a future Thin Client version. When is this scheduled for release? I see so many beatyful programs from Gisle wich all use Windows API calls via DLL's and are very said I can't use them in the Thin Client.

I am also interested in any kind of information about the upcoming Java version of Thin Client. We use the grid control very often. Do you plan to support this control?

Andr
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Questions about future versions of Thin Client

Andr?

A good way to get round the problem of not being able to call the API from thin-client is to create an active-x control (maybe using vb) that puts wrappers around them.

We have done this and it all works well from thin-client. It would be simplier if we could just call dll's on the local machine when running thin-client though !!.

Richard
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Andr?

A good way to get round the problem of not being able to call the API from thin-client is to create an active-x control (maybe using vb) that puts wrappers around them.

We have done this and it all works well from thin-client. It would be simplier if we could just call dll's on the local machine when running thin-client though !!.

Richard
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I haven't thought of making my own ActiveX controls, but it sure is a good idea if I want to implement some API calls before Acucorp gives us DLL support in Thin Client.

Thanks!

Andr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.