Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Radio Button Selected

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 October 2007]

Is there a way when a user clicks on a radio button or check box to have the curser and control go to the next tab field. I have tried using control-id but the button is still the active control.

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Radio Button Selected

You may control the focus by modifying the screen control values.
If you look up the ACUCOBOL-GT manual chapter 4 (Special-Names paragraph), go down to "General Rules - Screen Control Entry".
If you read paragraph 4. it is all about screen section navigation. at paragraph 4.e you will see that you can set ACCEPT-CONTROL to 4 and then the id of the desired control in CONTROL-ID. This will transfer focus to your control.
Note that a tab is not a control to hold focus, so you should set focus on one of the controls on the tab and the tab is switched automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am setting:
move 13 to control-id
move 4 to accept-control
move 1 to control-value

We use this in our program and it works for almost all types of fields. It doesn't seem to work on check boxes or radio buttons.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have found that you need to redisplay the radio buttons or checkboxes in order to signal the user that the focus has changed/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.