Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Re-Creating a PSF file.

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 June 2007]

I have a program that I have been working on for several days now. It has a very complex screen with lots of controls. The problem is that the PSF file for the project got wiped out and the backup copy was before the major work that was done on the screen. Is there any way to re-generate the PSF file using the different copy files? This would save me many hours of work.

Thanks,

Steven Hogeweide.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Re-Creating a PSF file.

Hi Steve,

If you still have the full source then recompile your program with the -Zw switch and then use the runtime with the -import switch. Read up in the doco about the "Screen Import Utility", which was developed to help users convert from AcuScreens to AcuBench.

I've not really used it myself, but I remember reading about it some time ago. The doco does say it is a feature that isn't kept up to date, so it might or might not work completely.

Hope this helps 🙂

Ian
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Re-Creating a PSF file.

Thanks Ian,
That helped recover some of the controls. Now I just have to go back and re-attach the variable names and so forth. It's too bad there isn't an tool to take an existing *.SCR files and *.PRD files, and re-create the entries in the PSF file. Oh, well, at least not all was lost....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.