Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Recommend date picker/calendar activex?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 December 2008]

What does everyone like for date picker/calendar activex controls? Many of our date fields can be left blank, so I don't want one that requires a date be entered or defaults to the current date.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Recommend date picker/calendar activex?

We use the standard Microsoft date picker, but usually prompt for it instead of forcing it on the user (because of blank dates, they may just want to key it in, or it may default to something.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I also use the microsoft dtpicker. It has a checkbox built into it that you can check or uncheck if you want to allow for blank dates (unchecked for blank). Although I never figured out how to default it to unchecked. So i think on some screens I actually added an acu checkbox beside the date field.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For Mikalodeon:-

To set the checkbox, you need to a) turn the check-box option on; and b) give it a value. E.g:MODIFY SS01-Start-Cymd,       
       CheckBox = 1, Value("")
This enables the checkbox and provides a null value. This causes the checkbox to be "unticked" when the control is displayed.

E.g2:MODIFY SS01-Start-Cymd, CheckBox = 1,     
        Format      = 0,     || Long       
        YEAR        = WS10-START-CYMD(1:4),
        MONTH       = WS10-START-MM,       
        DAY         = WS10-START-DD       
This enables the checkbox option and provides values for year, month and day. Having these values, the checkbox appears ticked when the control is displayed.

Joyeux Noel

Ian
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very much everyone, I'll give this a try!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Blacky, thanks for your 2 examples. Can we display and accept only time in microsoft dtpicker?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, you can use this control to deal with TIME only. Change the format from 0 to 2 (or 3) and you now have a time control.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks blacky, I think I tried all kinds of things, VALUE NULL, VALUE " ", VALUE 0 etc. and always got errors. Who would have thought that an empty string would be the answer 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.