Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Redefining Field Names in AcuODBC

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 February 2006]

Can you redefine the names of the fields in your Vision files by setting paramters in the DSN file. We are running AcuODBC Server 7.0 with Linux FEDORA Core 3 on an Athlon Processsor machine. I remember reading a document early on (around version 5.2) that allowed you to map or redefine field names. i now can't find this documented. I want to limit the ields the user sees as well as make the field names a bit easier to understand. Is this possible or was I dreaming I saw this?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Redefining Field Names in AcuODBC

As far as I know, you can't redefine field names in the DSN.
You can use XFD directives in your FD to redefine field names and make fields hidden. You use the $XFD NAME and $XFD HIDDEN directives.

Example fields in FD:

$XFD NAME = INVOICE
03 INVOICE-KEY PIC X(20)

$XFD HIDDEN
03 CONFIDENTIAL-DATA PIC X(20)

You can check out the using directives portion of the on-line AcuODBC users guide. I think it's in chapter 6.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.