Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Remote Access

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 January 2007]

Hi,

Have any of you provided remote access to an Acucorp application.

We have a financial/distribution product and one of our customers wishes to allow their customers access to various elements of the product.
Stock availability, account information etc.

Now, I know we need to provide the security elements within our application to prevent access to things that shouldn't be seen etc.
But I just don't know whats involved in allowing the initial remote access.
We are hoping that something like a browser would be used.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Remote Access

Hi Shaun,
what about thinking of a WebThin solution for your application?
bye Giovanni
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Giovanni

What is webthin though, sorry.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,
WebThin is an ActiveX plug-in that can be used by IE browser to open a client session on an AcuRcl based application.
I explain: you've got to install your Acu application (programs and data) on a webserver or at least on a server that can open a TCP/IP port to Internet. On server too you've to install AcuRcl+Runtime to make your programs execute data I/O and elaboration. On client side you can connect to the server based application via WebThin Plugin (check Acusurf demo page on Acucorp website demo) to execute your's application user interface.
So your customer can use your application just accessing an opportune webpage (see Acucorp manuals section about "A progammer's guide to the internet") that activates plug-in executing on client only interface operations.
Maybe useful to contact your Acu local rapresentatives to get more detailed infos (on costs too!).
Hope this helps, bye Giovanni.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I shall look into this today Giovanni, thank you very much for the information.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

SouthWare Innovations has a product called SwiftDataTools that allows you to create your own web application. Check it out at: http://swiftdatatools.com.

Just another possibility.

Rob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.