Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Resizing window to fill the entire screen area

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 April 2010]

I downloaded the sample program 'WIN-START-MAX' for resizing windows.
It works great for the main parent window but will not work for its children. The main window has a window type 'STANDARD' whereas the child windows have a window type 'FLOATING'. I can not find where you can use 'floating' with the display graphical window statement.
Has anyone been successful in resizing all of their windows, both parent and child? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We are using version 6.2
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Resizing window to fill the entire screen area

I believe I have that same program but by a different name. It is the program that obtains the screen size, computes the height and width that the window must be, then modifies the window to fill the screen "pseudo-maximized". If this is the program you have then it is easy to use the same parameters to display a floating window also filling the screen. I've attached my version of maxwin.cbl. Compile and run it to see the main screen maximized, then press enter to see a floating window maximized. Hope it helps.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.