Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Running AcuBench generate function

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 03 April 2008]

Is there any way to run the Generate function from the command line? I am working on a macro for my editor that numbers/renumbers COBOL paragraphs. This works fine for non-screen programs, but has some issues with screen programs. Specifically, I either have to not renumber any paragraph that is PERFORMed from event code, or modify the event code. Also, I can't renumber the event paragraphs unless I'm also prepared to copy/paste them back in to the event editor, and that has some obvious problems.

What I'd ideally like to do is renumber the entire program including events, then edit the .PSF file (and the .EVT) to reference the newly-renumbered paragraph names. Then, I'd like to regenerate the program.

I think I know how to do all of those things except for regeneration.

Any help?

Bill Diener
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Running AcuBench generate function

From the AcuBench on-line manual, section "3.5.4.3 The command-line interface to AcuBench":-

Building a single program

To generate and build a single program in a project, the syntax is as follows:

[acupath]\acubench80.exe /build [projectdir]wkspc.pjt prg.psf
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm stuck w/ Acucobol 6.2
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Then no, you can't do it. This feature was added to AcuBench 7.2.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.