Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Runtime Crash v 8.2.1

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 16 September 2010]

I'm an ISV and recently upgraded a customer to v 8.2.1 at the same time they put in Win 7 Professional Network. They randomly from different workstations, different modules (several times a week) get this error and the runtime shuts down:

ACUCOBOL GT32-bit
Runtime has stopped working.
A problem has causes the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available.

I have many customers running my apps, never had this reported before. Anyone seem this message? Incident has been reported to Tech support.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Runtime Crash v 8.2.1

There is no such thing as a 8.2.1 version.
I presume you mean 8.1.2?

Contacting Tech support is the right thing to do.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, sorry type, should be 8.1.2
In general is there any way to diagnose when the runtime freezes or crashes? I have some clients where that happens quite often
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There are ways, but you should contact Tech support in this regard, as we may have to supply additional files. Also, it is not guaranteed that we find the cause, as the error condition may appear at xyz early on and the error not happening until later in zyx. Net necessarily leaving a trace to where it originated.
The more information you can provide about the case, the smaller a reproducible program can be, the more likely we are to find it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.