Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] SFTP and C$SOCKET

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 April 2009]

We are currently using C$SOCKET to do ftp in one of our apps running 6.1 and it's working well. We are now finding a need to move to a more secure option using SFTP. Do the later versions of Acu have any SSH protocols built into the C$SOCKETS or provide any other libraries that might be able to handle the secure FTP?

Is anyone currently using SFTP, and if so how are you doing it?

Thanks 🙂
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] SFTP and C$SOCKET

As far as I know there is no SSH, even in later versions. I recently had a need to send mail using secure authentication. I ended up creating a .Net dll which took some parameters and sent the mail. About ten lines of code in C# and a few lines in Acucobol and it's working just fine.

I think there is secure ftp in the .Net framework so try doing something there and call it from Acucobol. If this is an option at all, that is.

regards,
HansJ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] SFTP and C$SOCKET

Thanks for the reply, we have an interim solution, but it requires some manual user intervention. eventually we will need to automate the process, and we will probably move down the same road and create a dll to handle ourselves.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.