Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] SQL Server Text Data Type

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 March 2006]

Hello
Is it possible to pull in data from a field with data type 'Text' from SQL Server into a cobol program (version 6.0)?

Another problem I'm having is with large (>255) varchar fields.
When I try to bring the data into a cobol program, it is truncated at 255 characters.

Has anyone run into these problems?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] SQL Server Text Data Type

Milk5600,

The 255 limit is a problem that I ran up against recently, and though I was originally told the length restriction was with SQL, it was later determined by Tech support that it was 255. In fact you can find this in the online help under B.8 Limits and Ranges. You will also find a entry for text data in this section, which also has a 255 limit.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.