Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Selecting multiple files

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 12 April 2006]

Is it possible to select multiple files with C$OPENSAVEBOX? If yes, could someone please post some code?

I tried to use the dialog in comdlg32.dll but as I want it to work with thin-client (I want to call it with @[DISPLAY]:) I'm at a loss as how to convert the pointers in the structure it uses. Anyone has got an idea or example?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Selecting multiple files

Have a look at the documentation on OPNSAV-FILTERS?

Seperate the files you want with a | inside quotes.
"ABC files |*.abc | DEF files | *.def"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, but that's not what I'm searching for. I want the call to return more than 1 file. For that, the user has to be able to select more than 1 file in the dialogbox. Filters don't cover that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've found a solution and have included the code I used. Note that it's not a working example, but it should get you going...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.