Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Set Input Focus

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 November 2004]

Hi there.

I have a program that displays another screen (within the same program) with the "PERFORM THREAD Acu-PricingScreen-Routine" statement and that works fine.

When the user closes this window I'd like to have the focus shift from the PushButton that launched it, to another control, in this case a Enrtry Field.

But when the window closed I cannot seem to get the input focus to shift? Any ideas?

????

Brent
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Set Input Focus

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I'm using AcuBench GT v6.1.0

Thanks

Brent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is your accept terminating and not looping back when the thread starts?

Here's a thought. Is the control you want to shift to dependant on what happened in the thread? If not, then perhaps you could try shifting control to the entry field after the button is pressed and then check a condition in the before procedure of the entry field to start your thread. I believe, if your accept does not terminate, that it should return your focus to the entry field when the threaded window closes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi.
BY the way

The control I'm starting with is a GRID and I'm using the
Ev-Msg-Begin-Entry event.

I've tried setting focus to an EntryField before issing the
PERFORM THREAD Acu-PricingScreen-Routine with no luck.

I cannot get focus to shift to a control other that GRID itself. the code you mention, where in AcuBench would you place it? The documention seems to always show examples of code a person not using AcuBench would use.

Brent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Brent,

Try MOVE 4 TO ACCEPT-CONTROL
and MOVE n TO CONTROL-ID (where n = ID of the control you want to move to)

Shaun
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.