Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Setting Screen Scroll

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 October 2004]

Can someone please tell me if there are any special things that I have to do to make the Scroll function work on a screen, or tell me the things that make the Scroll option stop working on screens?

I have tried a couple of times to make the screen scroll on it own but can't seem to make it work. I either have to use the wheel on the mouse of drag the vertical bar down.

Thanks for any help
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Setting Screen Scroll

I believe you have to be a bit more precise. What I think of in terms of scrolling is exactly what you do, e.g. using the wheel mouse or drag the scrollbar.

Perhaps a small sample program to illustrate?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply gforseth (and see you in Dallas, for training),

I was under the impression that the screen should scrool down on its own and not have to be moved manually with the mouse wheel or dragging the bar down. Am I correct in that thinking?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Happy to hear that you are going to attend our Dallas event!

Unfortunately, it does not work automatically the way you want it to, you will have to yourself to manage that part. Remember the scrollbar(s) have no connection per se to the window content. I seem to remember that there were an article covering this back in one of the 1999 issues of the newsletter. Have a look through old copies and see if you can find something there.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.