Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 December 2008]

I would be really interested in this as well if it can be done.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click

Has anyone ever had the need to capture the Ctrl+left mouse and Shift+left mouse clicks in the Acu Grid control? We want to be able to select multiple lines in the grid using these functions same as how explorer works in windows. Any ideas or code samples would be great.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

With any keyboard key and key combination you should be able to define an exception value and then when in the grid control, get the exception - inquire on the grid cell and store that value. There is also the MSG-BEGIN-DRAG event where if some one is trying to create a block of cells.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it yet. I just wanted to gather some preliminary info before I get started. It isn't a high priority at the moment, it's one of those nice to have things. I will let you know if and when I get started and how I did or didn't accomplish it. 😄
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update, I ended up using the MSG-BEGIN-DRAG and MSG-END-DRAG events to capture a starting row and ending row which works fine for now. The only thing I can't do at this point is multi select a separate (non block) set of rows but I don't perceive this as a problem at the moment because users can sort our grids by any of the columns to get the data rows they want together...

Thanks again for the tips.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.