Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Spaces in file-paths (call dll)

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 May 2008]

We have a call to a dll like this:

CALL "c:\program files\test\dipdf.dll"
GIVING STATUS-VALUE.

What happen here is that the SPACE in Program Files is dropped, and the resulting call in the Trace-file looks like this:

c:\programfiles\test\dipdf.dll

and it obviously fails.

We have made a workaround like this:

set environment "CODE_PREFIX" to 'c:\"program files"\test\'.

CALL "dipdf.dll"
GIVING STATUS-VALUE.

but I don't really think this is a good solution. I can't imagine that we are the only one who have experienced this problem? Is it possible to solve it in a better way then this? Is it a bug?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Spaces in file-paths (call dll)

You can set in your configuration file or source program the following:

FILENAME_SPACES = 1

or

set environment 'FILENAME_SPACES' to '1'

Good Luck...

CB52 from the Pampas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can set in your configuration file or source program the following:

FILENAME_SPACES = 1

or

Already tried that one. Doesn't work... 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try putting quotes (") around it. I've had to do that for some OS calls...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think I have tried every combination of quotes and hyphens... still no good unfortunately.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have had a similiar issue with this. We were hoping to use the registry setting for the temp data path, but due to the issue with spaces being dropped I was unable to access those locations.

I tried several different variations including moving the value to a working storage variable first. I also tried teh environment setting above with no luck either.

call
"@[display]:'C:\Program Files\MountFocus\Keyboard\Kbd.exe'"

It just takes out the space in program files which cause a not found. I tried it with and without the @display and with and without the single quotes. I also tried direct calls using single rather than double quotes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Guys, this really sounds like a bug, I suggest you report it, along with a nice smalle example to Tech Support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.