Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Speaking.zip / Gisle

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 19 June 2003]

Hi ,

At the benelux conference this week , Gisle told us about a program that can look for locked files and show the user that is responsible for this .

I downloaded the file ( speaking.zip ) , added the 4 sources to a new project and a new workspace , compiled it , no problems so far . But when I try to run the program , it says " Could not load required DLLs "

I looked where I could find the "KERNEL32.DLL" and "NETAPI.DLL". They where both in the winnt\system32 dir .
I included this path in the environment settings of my bench .
But it still doesn't work ?

All help is welkom

:confused:

Thanks
Danny Dilissen
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Speaking.zip / Gisle

AcuBench does modify the standard searchpaths for CALL. I suggest you for the purpose of testing just use absolute path when calling, e.g.: CALL "c:\winnt\system32\kernel32.dll"

Sorry about that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi gisle ,

That works , thanks .
But what is the correct syntax ? Because I can only get the file lockings of my computer.

And does it work to check the file locking on a Novell server ?

Thanks in advance

I'll see you in Tilburg on 8 juli

DD
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, it does not work with Novell. That requires Novell API.

If you want to see other computers, you need to provide the name or ip address of that computer.

Which has to be NT class and you must have the proper credits (e.g. Administrator or Account manager).

Welcome to the Windows API training in Tilburg!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.