Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
269 views

[archive] Strange Web-Site activity in Browser Window

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 August 2006]

We have a Web Browser set up in on a part of a screen that we pass addresses to for our users. On one website the page does not display correctly, scroll fuctions (on web page itself) do not appear. If you take the address and put it in Firefox or Internet Explorer outside of the application it works fine.

The address is: http://www.massrevs.eds.com

If anyone can give me any help I would appreciate it. I need any info so that I can explain to the users what is up.

One last piece of info is that the browser box does not take up the entire window (if that matters).

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Strange Web-Site activity in Browser Window

It may be a screen sizing issue. Take the ACUCOBOL-GT sample program webbrows.cbl and put Http:\\http://www.acucorp.com in the url entry field. You will see not scroll bars. Now maximize the webbrows screen, scroll bars appear in the web browser control. The same thing occurs when using your website, webbrows full screen or about 30% larger than the default size scroll bars appear.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Strange Web-Site activity in Browser Window

Hi,

It must have something to do with frames/iframes etc. I have had issues with this as well. The way I got around it was to resize the browser window in the Navigate-complete event.

eg


screen1-wb-1-ev-msg-wb-navigate-complete.
*  New size
    modify screen1-wb-1, lines = 35
*  Original size
    modify screen1-wb-1, lines = 34
    .


This works for me, this effect happens in all version I have tested it with ie 6.1, 6.2, 7.0 and 7.2

Hope this helps

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Strange Web-Site activity in Browser Window

Thanks for the reply guys. I did find out the issue and it was user error. The user that sent us the address to use sent the wrong address.

The correct address is a secure address: https://www.massrevs.eds.com:8051/providerApps/main.html.

Once I used this address the problem fixed itself. If I had to guess it would have to do with the orginal website automatically takes you to the correct page (found this by watching closely when I use Internet Explorer). I guess that browser window does not handle that well.

Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.