Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] System Enviornment Variable in config file

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 03 November 2008]

Is there a way in the configuration file for ACUThin to get an enviornment variable.

Example of this is:

wdir=/u/test

Where wdir is the working parent directory for all of my files including my object directory. In the config file I need to set items such as:

DATA=$wdir/DATA which would be /u/test/DATA
OBJ=$wdir/object
TMP=$wdir/tmp

and so on.
It seems that the enviornment variable is not available when the config file is read, or I have the format wrong. We are running thin client on a Linux system and the clients on Windows PC's.

Thanks for any help,
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] System Enviornment Variable in config file

You are correct, in that you do have the wrong format, the configuration file will not be able to have a $ sign in it (like a shell script) so that $PWD or $wdir provides additional pathing information to the runtime. You will either need to be specific in the config file or use accept from environment inyour COBOL program to get the fully qualified pathing
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.