Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] System message box

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 June 2005]

Is it possible to position the pop-up windows (message box) with system messages? It's the messages, that can be specified with the TEXT configuation variable.

Is it possible to suppress those windows fully, and maybe handle the errors internally?

PS!
This is my first post in this forum. I found the registration to get here unnecessarily complicated. On the registration page, you have tens of questions about notifications, cookies, vbCode and who knows what. What happened to the good old K.I.S.S.???
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] System message box

I regret to hear that you found the registration to be a hassle. It is however a standard system we are using, I don't know to what extent it is possible to configure the entries there. Anyway, you are now in, so you won't have to go through that again.

As for the question about the system message boxes, unfortunately you cannot suppress them or control their position.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] System message box

John,

You need to look at the ERROR-BOX and ERROR-LINE values for the SCREEN configuration variable. These control whether these messages are displayed in a box or not, and if not, what line to display the message.

Not sure if you can suppress them entirely, but specifying an error output file (using the -e option) means most of them are directed to that file instead of to the screen.

I've done a fair amount of investigation into trapping runtime errors and exiting 'gracefully'. You may want to look at the Exit and Error procedures that can be defined with the CBL_ERROR_PROC and CBL_EXIT_PROC library routines.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.