Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Tabs

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 30 June 2004]

Guys,

I've got a screen which 6 tabs on it, now when the user wants to change to a different tab I want to stop him doing this based on some variables in the application.

I'm currently using "Aft-Tabchg-Display" to get the details once they've changed display, but I was trying to do the following in "Bef-Tabchg-Display", but it seems to carry on anyway.

Can someone tell me what I need to do.

Thanks,

Shaun

EVALUATE EVENT-DATA-1
WHEN 02
IF WS-SOP-NOT-INST
MOVE 0404 TO MSG-KEY
PERFORM DISPLAY-MSG-GUI
MOVE EVENT-ACTION-FAIL TO EVENT-ACTION
MOVE 4 TO ACCEPT-CONTROL
MOVE 6 TO CONTROL-ID
EXIT PARAGRAPH
END-IF
......etc
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Tabs

By the time it performs "Bef-Tabchg-Display" event it has already set the visible variables for ALL 6 tabs (i.e. 5 tab's visible variables to "ZERO" and the user selected tab visible variable to "1").

Say current tab chosen is 1 so variables Tab1-Visible is = 1 while Tab2-Visible=0, Tab3-Visible=0, Tab4-Visible=0, etc. When user selects Tab2 the paragraph "Acu-....-cmd-Tabchanged" sets Tab1-Visible=0, Tab2-Visible=1, Tab3-Visible=0, Tab4-Visible=0, etc. Then it performs "Bef-Tabchg-Display" paragraph before it continues to display the screen.

You need to add some more code to reset these visible variables to settings before the user selected Tab2.

Try it. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.