Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Thin Client Dies on COM Exception

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 June 2004]

Testing with the 6.0.0 thin client runtime and with the object compile in both 5.2.1 and 6.0.0, when the COM object that I am accessing throws an exception, thin client dies immediately. When running in fat client with the same COM object, it works just fine.

The COM object is a custom .NET dll that has been setup for COM interop. We have the following in our declaratives which is supposed to catch this I thought:

Object-Exception-Handling Section.
use after exception on object.
Object-Exception-Handler.
call "C$EXCEPINFO" using Error-Info, ERR-Source,
Err-Description

And it does catch the exception when running in fat client.

Any ideas what we might be doing wrong? or might this be a bug that is possibly fixed in 6.1 or 6.2?

Dan
Infotrax Systems
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Thin Client Dies on COM Exception

May I suggest that you check with Tech support directly to determine whether a bug (if it is a bug) has been fixed or not.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.