Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Thin Client MSChart control

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 March 2007]

I?ve recently created a program in Acubench that uses the MSChart Active X control. It works fine with the Windows runtime local, however in Thin Client I receive an ?Invalid Handle? error the first time I attempt to modify the chart with data. I?m not sure if I missing some sort of @[DISPLAY] syntax or something along this lines. Any ideas?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Thin Client MSChart control

ActiveX need no special flag like @[DISPLAY] to execute on the client side. ACUCOBOL-GT Thin Client will by its very nature display graphical elements on the client side. However, they must be present there. Without further details, my immediate suggestion would be that the control is not installed on the client. If it is, more information is needed to figure the cause. A small (smaller the better) code example and version information of ACUCOBOL-GT.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried creating a stripped down version with none of our data dependencies and could never break it. Ended up with a "duplicate" working version. I hate when that happens, but it does work now.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

🙂 That is so typical. But good for you, it works!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.