Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Thin Client and the C$opensavebox

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 September 2003]

I am currently porting a windows application over to a thin client app and the call of the c$opensavebox does not work. I know in the manual that this is expected behaviour and was wondering if any one out their had written some code that did the same or had an activex control that would accomplish the same thing.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Thin Client and the C$opensavebox

We have written a replacement for the C$OPENSAVEBOX, working on the AcuConnect ThinClient-Server. With this replacement its possible to browse through given directories on the server. If you want to use the original C$OPENSAVEBOX on the Client you must wait until AcuCorp-Version 6.1.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Peter.

How do i get this replacement version that allows the C$opensavebox to just browse the server? I am currently running 6.0.0.

Also do you know when 6.1 is expected?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi msix,

please send me a Email with your address. I'll send you back this replacement working with AcuCobol-GT v6.0.0.
The version 6.1.0 has been announced for end of January 2004. The Betatest starts at beginning of October 2003. 😮
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We've constructed a COBOL-Routine, which allows the users, running Thinclients, to browse on the AcuConnect Server in given directories. The name of this routine is WINFBOX, which is included as attachment of this post
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.