Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] ThinClient and wrun32.nnnn.log

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 August 2009]

Every time I start ThinClient a wrun32.nnnn.log with 0 bytes is created (such as wrun32.3744.log). Even when the thinclient is closed, this file still exist. So many files are and will be created in time with 0 bytes.

In the manual or at the forum I could not find anything about this file. There are log files like 'update successful', but this is not such a file.

How can I suppress this files.

sbs2003 / client windows xp
Connect versie 8.0.0 but also 8.1.0.
Thinclient or webclient 8.0.0 but also 8.1.0

Thanks
Ed
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] ThinClient and wrun32.nnnn.log

Try setting A_REMOVE_EMPTY_ERROR_FILE in the runtime configuration file. The documentation describes it as:

A_REMOVE_EMPTY_ERROR_FILE

Use this variable to prevent the accumulation of 0 byte files when using format specifiers such as "%p" (to include the process id) in the error file name. When this variable is set to "1" (on, true, yes), the runtime deletes its error file if the runtime has never written to that file. Note that on some operating systems, if your error file is shared by multiple processes (i.e., the file name does not include the process id or some other unique session information), setting A_REMOVE_EMPTY_ERROR_FILE to "1" may cause error messages to be lost. For example, on UNIX if the error file is empty when one runtime exits, that runtime would delete the file. The file will remain deleted even if another runtime process subsequently writes a message to it. The default value for this variable is "0" (off, false, no).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] ThinClient and wrun32.nnnn.log

Indeed it removed the empty log files.

Thanks,
Ed
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.