Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Threading issue

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 June 2008]

Hello all - (sorry for the book)

I'm having an issue with lost threading within a multi-level threading environment. I have isolated where I am losing the thread, but I'll give some background information first.

I have a process which is chosen from the main menu window which then calls the first program where the user makes a selection of over 100 people to run the process on, which then calls a parameter program, which then calls the processing program, which then calls the print program at which point the user closes/prints the displayed print and the process wraps back around to start again with the next selected person and so on.

This process was working seamlessly when, about a month ago, this lost thread began to happen. I have tried numerous things, but I can't even find an available variable to help me force the path to continue. The thread(s) is getting lost after the 15th processing in the Acu-Proc of the parameters program at the ACCEPT....ALLOWING MESSAGES FROM Any Thread.

I apologize for the book, but I figured a clear picture would save time. 🙂
Any suggestions or thoughts?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.