Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Touch screen with AcuCobol

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 February 2003]

Has anyone had any experience using a touch screen with AcuCobol? Is it even possible?

Thanks!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Touch screen with AcuCobol

Generally speaking, the touchscreen is itself (its hosting OS) making sure the activity to it is passed properly to the target application, I cannot think of a reason why an ACUCOBOL-GT application should fail to work if accepted by the host OS.
It might however be, that you may have to redesign your app, if your user interface contains controls to close to each other to be operable with fingers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Would it look like a mouse click to the program?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I suppose the touch screens can be configured to take various actions, depending on what is preferred. I do however believe that the most common configuration would be that tapping finger would correspond to a mouse click yes.
I believe these questions will be better answered by the hardware provider.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Our TouchScreen Restaurant/Retail POS System is written totally in Acucobol GT... you can check it out and download the demo at www.executouch.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Paul,

I'm hoping you are still around on this forum.

I had a quick look at your web-site and I was very impressed.

You said that the whole application is written in Acucobol and I wondering if I can ask you a couple of questions about your product.

1) How do you do the coloured buttons?
2) How do you do the drag-and-drop in the table layout?

I'll understand if you don't want to reveal your secrets.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.