Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Transparent Windows?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 June 2005]

Are there tricks to create a transparent window?

Thanks
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Transparent Windows?

Yes it is.

But, hold on, before you go with the example, tell me why and what?
All since I made this sample program I have been curious for why and when would I use such a feature, for what purpose?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

well ill use it to show an image or a fashioned window over another one
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A good use, for instance, is for displaying a notification message to the user and then having the window fade out so that the user does not have to interact with it to make it disappear, but also that it got their attention. Similiar to what Outlook 2003 does in the system tray when a message is received. It pops up on bottom of the screen, waits for two or three seconds, and then slowly fades out.
Fading is a good way of saying, here's something you should know about, but it's not critical. Where as a flashing window that eventually timed out would indicate a more critical situation. And of course a modal window, where you have to interact with it, is the most critical.
Thank you for the code Gisle, a real time saver!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks both for reply and for the code 😄
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cool you could use it guys. But you know Dan, you have actually had the code for a while... On a certain CD...

🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Right you are, and it's been on my "todo" list to use. 😉
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.