Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Transparent labels

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 26 March 2009]

In the future we want to use the configuration variable NTF-wrun32_nativectls in order to get a Vista-look for our screens. Because the labels on tabs then exhibit a darker color, I add the 'transparent'property to those labels. At this moment we do not use the config-variable; we are just preparing the programs.
But now, when I click on the tab, then click on another program en then back on the tab again, the colors of the underlying screen (of that other program) appears as the color of my tab-label. See attachment.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Transparent labels

Looks to me that two controls belonging to another page is not really disabled/invisible. If I were you, I would gradually remove controls and see if it disappears, eventually you would know which is the problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, but I don't think that that's the problem. In the case of my example the two strange labels are the only two labels with the transparent property in my screen (I was only testing). The grey and red color they show are the column colors of the underlying (opened just before) Acubench-screen! It looks like they are super-transparent!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hm... I figure you will have to run a sample by tech support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The win32_nativectls option can not be used on a screen by screen basis, it can only be used as a whole program or runtime option. Is it possible your two screens were using the same window handle?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.