Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Trying to create a timeout

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 December 2010]

We want our thin client based application to timeout after a certain time with no activity. I found the TC_CHECK_ALIVE_INTERVAL parameter and set it to 30 (seconds) in the runtime configuration file for a test but it has no effect.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

Regards

Nick
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Trying to create a timeout

Have a read at the TC_QUIT_MODE too Nick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Shaun I did that too but setting it to -1, 0, 27 or anything else seems to have no effect
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I looked at this several years ago, so its not exactly fresh in the head anymore.
But an exception value greater than zero is what is sent to you program if I remember correctly.
You need to trap the exception in your code.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.