Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Unexpected events added to the stack - How to clear the stack

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 October 2008]

Using AcuBecnh 7.2

I DISPLAY an AcuBench screen (screen a). It is a Floating window, MODELESS = TRUE. From there I call another Floating window (screen B). It is MODELESS = FALSE. Screen B lies on top on screen A. On screen B I have 2 entry fields (account number and amount). They both have bef-procedure, the first one (account no) has an Event procedure for Msg-validate and the second one (amount) has an aft-procedure. I also have a bef-procedure and aft-procedure on screen B.

On screen B, I type a value in account number field and press Enter, the following sequence of events occurs:

Acct-no-ef-ev-msg-validate
Screen-B-aft-procedure
Amount-ef-bef-procedure

The cursor is then found on the Amount entry field.

Problem: When I add a message box display in the Acct-no-ef-ev-msg-validate

DISPLAY MESSAGE BOX
"GOOD ACCOUNT"
TYPE IS Mb-OK
ICON IS Mb-Warning-Icon
DEFAULT IS Mb-OK
RETURNING Acu-Return-Value

The sequence of events changes as follow:

Acct-no-ef-ev-msg-validate
Screen-B-aft-procedure
Amount-ef-bef-procedure
Acct-no-ef-event-proc (EVENT-TYPE = 3 so no code is executed in this paragraph)
Amount-aft-procedure
Acct-no-bef-procedure

The cursor is then found on the Account number entry field.

This is a problem since I would like to inform users of potential problems with the data entered before attempting to save the record, but I do nnot want to stop them then.

I tried setting the various values for EVENT-ACTION and ACCEPT-CONTROL after the DISPLAY MESSAGE BOX without success.
Can anyone help?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.