Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Updating Via Web Site

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 March 2008]

I want to be able to let users download updates to our software package, and for these updates to be applied where we want them (i.e. correct directories etc.).

Is there any standard thrid party stuff that makes this easy?

Is it something that should be done using AcuWeb?

Any suggestions or examples gratefully received.

keith
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Updating Via Web Site

You could accomplish this by implementing the ftp protocol using c$socket. There is an example of implementing an ftp protocol using c$socket in one of the newsletters.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Keith,

I am interested in the accomplishing the same thing. Did you find something? Or did you use C$socket?

Thanks,
Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I played with c$socket for a while - it kinda works but is not very elegant. I have not looked lately but find it difficult to believe there is not a standard piece of software out there to do this. If you find anything - let us know.....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.