Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Using AcuGT Automation Server from Delphi

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 16 July 2004]

Hi All,

Is there any Delphi programmer (or a former one) out there that can help me with an AcuGt Automation Server issue?

Two years ago, a Delphi programmer helped me generating a Pascal file from the type library 'AcuGT.tlb' located in the acugt\bin directory.

At that time I didn't put too much attention to the issue, as this could be done running a tool from the Delphi's Menu -> Project -> Import Type Library... option. So I used the one that was supplied to me. Now I'm trying to do the same thing, but this time with the version 6.1, and I just get a less short file (11 KB) compared to the one that I used before (143 KB). The real surprise was when I tried to do the same thing for the old v5.2 acugt.tlb file and I got the same short file.

Basically all the ?OLE Server Proxy class declarations and definitions? are missing from my new generated Pascal file.

Is there any setting in Delphi that will prevent this tool from generating those function definitions?

Please find attached a copy of these two files. ?AcuGTObjects_TLB.pas? is the original file with all the definitions (143 KB) and the one named ?AcuGTObjects_TLB_Short.pas? is the one that gets now generated. They are inside the attached zip file.

Note: Of course the programmer that helped before is not accessible to me anymore.

Thanks,

Alfonso, AOD.

mailto://aiglesiasr@aodusa.com
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Using AcuGT Automation Server from Delphi

question: what are you trying to do?

I've been able to use delphi objects on AcuCobol forms, etc.

Merlin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.