Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Using Epad with Cobol

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 26 March 2007]

Is anyone using an epad signiture pad with their cobol application.

We need to start capturing sig's.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Using Epad with Cobol

I had a quick look at the internet. They have a support site which refers to an example showing for instance how to store a signature on file. This example should come with the SDK along with the pad. http://epadsupport.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3
Advise; When approaching such tasks, ask for examples from the vendor, do not mention COBOL, if they ask you what language pick one that you feel somewhat comfortable with. Do not dive into the library interface documentation, that is just going to make you confused. There is something about learning to crawl before you walk. Once you have been able to solve a basic task, like saving a signature to file, then you can look at the documentation for possibly more sophisticated solutions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Using Epad with Cobol

Thanks for the help.

I am currently using a customized version of the .htm example they sent to pop up the sig box. It works ok just wanted to see if anyone else had other way of performing the task.

Thanks again,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.