Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Using Full GUI terminal Screen

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 August 2007]

After you've created the window, try this:-MODIFY WINDOW-HANDLE, Action = Action-Maximize.This will take the size of the task bar in to account.

Ian
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Using Full GUI terminal Screen

I'm new to GUI programming.

I want to display a GUI screen using acuthin. I want to use the full screen.

I have used some code from the Acucorp sample program win-start-max.

So, my program will call the SYSTEM-INFORMATION and TERMINAL-ABILITIES to check the PHYSICAL-SCREEN-WIDTH variable. I then call the appropriate display statement depending on the PHYSICAL-SCREEN-WIDTH variable. This works fine when the microsoft windows task bar is set to 'auto hide taskbar'. But, not all users have the option set on. When this option is not set to auto hide, the bottom few fields on my screen are hidden by the task bar.

Is there a way to auto adjust the GUI screen? Is there a way to auto adjust the screen to stay above the task bar?

What do I need to do?

Thanks

Steve
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What you request is Windows specific, which is why this is not returned with the SYSTEM-INFORMATION.
You may however get this from the API using this technique:

01 RECT.
          03 LEFT-POS               PIC X(4) COMP-N.   
          03 TOP-POS                PIC X(4) COMP-N.   
          03 RIGHT-POS              PIC X(4) COMP-N.   
          03 BOTTOM-POS             PIC X(4) COMP-N.   
       PROCEDURE DIVISION.
       MAIN-LOGIC.
    CALL    "USER32.DLL".
    CALL    "[EMAIL="SystemParametersInfoA@WINAPI"]SystemParametersInfoA@WINAPI[/EMAIL]" USING
            BY VALUE         X#00000030
            BY VALUE         X#00000000
            BY REFERENCE     RECT
            BY VALUE         X#00000000.
    CANCEL  "USER32.DLL".

You will find the visible sizes then in respectively RIGHT-POS and BOTTOM-POS.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remember to do the initial display VISIBLE 0. Then apply VISIBLE 1 to blacky' suggestion and you avoid flashing.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.