Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Vista OS and screen controls being blanked out..

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 15 August 2008]

Just wanting to see if anybody has experienced any strange video issues with Vista. I just upgraded my PC from Windows XP to Vista Ultimate the first part of this week. So far, I had to un-install all of the 8.0 ACU software and re-install to get it to work. I was getting a "SideBySide" error in the event log every time I tried to bring up any application, either AcuBench or any of our programs using the 8.0 Runtime. I had other applications I had to do the same thing because of the embedded .NET portions of Vista. Anyway, the strange screen issue I'm seeing is that when I bring up one of our programs, the full screen and all controls will display, but then a split second after, part of the screen will be blanked out. This doesn't happen every time and is completely random. I see the same thing with the 7.2.1 as well as 8.0 versions of the runtime. If you click on another application and drag it's screen over the ACU application, the blanked out part of the screen re-appears.
I tried doing a shift/PrtScn to see if I could capture the blanked out data and when I pasted it to Paint, everything was there. I think I may be just experiencing a screen driver issue, but I'm not sure. That's why I thought I would see if anybody else has experienced this before I talk to tech support.

Thanks,
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Vista OS and screen controls being blanked out..

See attachment. Is this what you are experiencing? If, so, we were not able to get any answers from tech support. We have lived with it in version 6.1. It is not a graphics problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Vista OS and screen controls being blanked out..

No, this is in fact a Vista problem. After I left this message, I noticed that other applications has this problem as well. I have tried the driver from the manufacture for the screen and that driver seems worse then the windows default driver. If you get controls that are not even visible such as a push button, you can still click in the area where the push button should be and it will appear like it was there all the time. Also if you do a "Shift PrtScn", then paste that to PC Paint, every thing is visible in the PC paint file. So again, I don't think it has anything to do with our programs or any of the Acu runtime/coding.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.