Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Web Browser

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 February 2006]

I am using a web browser object in a GUI screen that displays a .jpg picture from my server. This works when I am running in thick client but in Thin client it does not display the picture. I have tried it both from the Thin Client and running Thin from AcuBench. I have run debug on the program in thin client and it is getting the correct name and finding the file. My thin client server is a Linux system.

Has anyone had this problem?

thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Web Browser

When you run with thick client or through AcuBech it is likely that you are also using a runtime configuration file. Is this correct?

When setting up an alias for Thin client you also specify the configuration file to be used. Are you specifying a configuration file when creating an alias?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You are correct I am specifying the config file when my alias is created. How do I remove an alias and recreate it? Do I simply remove it from the acurcl.ini file?

What I don't understand is when I run the program in debug mode I see the file name and it is correct but when I do the modify of the web object with the working storage item that contains that name I get no picture.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can either remove it or modify it. acurcl -alias

type in the alias name and you'll see the options.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.