Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Web Runtime Active X Control

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 April 2003]

Has anyone had any succes using the web runtime 'acugtax.ocx' with acuserver from a web page, without also installing a licenced version of the runtime as well.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Web Runtime Active X Control

There should not be a problem using the Web Runtime without a license, however, there are certain limitations to it, when ran in a non licensed mode. What is your issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a simple program that tries to read a sequential file that is located on another server running acuserver.

the first thing I do is set the file_prefix in the program to the remote name notation for acuserver and then attempt to open the file input.

This fails with a 3707 because running under debug with file trace on it is trying to prefix the file prefix with "c:\windows\desktop".

the 3707 is generated because this path is not in the acuauth.txt file. Putting this path in the acuauth.txt file then generates another error 3500, can't open file.

The acuserver log file has reported no connection requests from the client.

it is not until I put the aclnt.dll etc... and a licenced runtime on the client that I get a successfull connection and also a succesful open.

My understanding of the documentation is that the webruntime does not need any of this to run in restricted mode, however, if you wish to access vision files etc.. you need to comunicate with either acuserver of acuconnect to obtain a licence. This is where it is all comming apart.

Regards,

Scott
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You are absolutely right in your understanding, the question that remains however is whether you have a valid runtime license or not on the Acuserver side?
Having said this, this is a complex topic with a number of issues that will impact, hence, to address your issue properly and in a timely fashion I would suggest you contact Tech Support for this.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.