Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] WebThin Client and disconnections

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 November 2007]

Hello everyone,
in a thin client /Win2003 server we experienced this behaviour:
-We start our application in browser loading an opportune html page that via WebThin Ocx connects a Win2003 acuconnect server,
-we leave cursor's application on an entry field accept,
-than DSL Connection line drops down for about 1 minute nad than reconnects.
case 1: if in this minute either client (waitin' for accept termination) nor server acts, the application continues working fine,
case2: if client (for ex. terminate accept with tab pression) or server (accept terminate before time and than display something) acts apllication first freezes and in about 30 seconds clears video on client, a runtime remains hanged up on server and you can only restart the whole app reloading http page.
Last info on cblconfi we set:
tc_check_alive 30000
tc_server_timeout 3000

Has anyone an explanation of a such behaviour? I'll expect that if Client or server exceed timeouts without being able of reconnect than everything would go to dust or at least if line drops that app drops in all cases not only if I do nothing. Maybe there's a simple systemistic explanation that I ignore?
thanks in advance, Gio
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] WebThin Client and disconnections

Hi,

Which version of AcuGT and AcuConnect are you using? We had problems with the browser control and version 7.0. An upgrade to 7.2 fixed it.

Thanks,

Ian
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] WebThin Client and disconnections

Hi, we used 7.2.1
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.