Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Win32 API Viewer

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 December 2004]

I found a very nice freeware application for viewing the Win32 API located here: ApiViewer 2004
It's more functional than the API viewer included with Visual Studio 6 and is more up to date. Also, it allows you to select the output language syntax so you can get VB, C#, VB.NET, Delphi, etc, syntax.
Cool!
What is really nice is that it has a plug-in SDK to allow output to any programming language syntax. So, this means Acucobol-GT plug-in could be done.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Win32 API Viewer

Good research Dan,

It would be great if someone bothered to do the integration with ACUCOBOL-GT.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'll look into it over christmas holiday. There is an SDK download with samples, so hopefully that will get me going.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Very cool, Dan! Thanks for sharing!

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Originally posted by DanM
I'll look into it over christmas holiday. There is an SDK download with samples, so hopefully that will get me going.

You're my man 😛 ...

Regards.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dan,
at least did You succeded in writing ApiViewer Plug-in? Would You be so kind to share it for Acu community?
Thanks in advance, Giovanni
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dan,
at least did You succeded in writing ApiViewer Plug-in? Would You be so kind to share it for Acu community?
Thanks in advance, Giovanni

Woops, I did this 2 years ago but never posted it. Sorry about that. Attached is a zip with the files you need. The enclosed readme.txt file explains how to activate and use the AcuCobol plug-in. Enjoy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great work Dan! Thanks for sharing this with us!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great Dan! Works fine, as usual! Many Many Thanks!
bye Giovanni
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.