Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Windows Registries

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 August 2004]

I am looking for suggestions on 3rd party software to register windows controls (.ocx, .dll, etc). Instead of using the regsvr32 method, I am looking for a good 3rd party software package that will look at the system's controls and only register ones that are more recent. Anyone using a package they would recommend?

Thanks,
Rob
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Windows Registries

Installation packages normally do things like this. You might want to check out Installshield or similar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rob,
You guys already have the Wise Installation System. I got Bonnie using it for your Rev 9 and Rev 10 release. You can create an executable that will register your controls and then call that from acucobol. If you need to, I'm pretty sure you can run it in silent mode. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Dan. We were looking in that direction, but I was also gaining some feedback from others...

Rob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.