Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Windows Taskbar Problems

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 19 October 2006]

We are running THIN Client (release 6.2.0) on LINUX. Our application allows multiple sessions to be accessed of the same application program that has 2 major screens that the user can use ALT/xx keys to switch back and forth between. One of our screens is executed as an event of a button of the other.
Our users have been complaining that they see the 2nd screen from one thread in the other thread.
While trying to investigate this problem, I noticed that when I click on the windows tasbar icons of one screen, it will, after some clicking back and forth, begin to show the wrong associated threads. Yet when I use ALT/TAB to move between the taskbar icons, it consistantly works fine.
(1) Is this a known problem with AcuCobol thin client?
(2) Is there any code anyone knows of where i can ensure that the taskbar click is ALWAYS associated with the thread it is supposed to be associated with?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.