Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] XP look in 8.0

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 13 October 2008]

Hi,

There was some talk of including "windows-xp-looking" widgets (rounded buttons etc.) in the 8.0 release, but i cant get them to work, even with a valid .manifest file.

I know in 8.1 there is the WIN32_NATIVECTLS option, but this customer does not want to pay for an upgrade just yet...
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] XP look in 8.0

Difficult to state, but first of all ensure that XP Styles are enabled on the machine. It is not so uncommon to turn of the new styles for machine compatibility / performance issues.
Does he/she have XP styles in other applications?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows in general is 'styled', on this test machine but for some strange reason some programs are themed and some aren't. Can't make heads nor tails of it. Probably not an "extend" issue - some other setting in windows maybe....

--
when all else fails , Blame me !
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Attached is the manifest that I use with 8.0 that gives the XP look and feel.

Note that XP look and feel isn't officially supported until 8.1
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It didn't attach so I added .txt.

Remove that and try it on your program.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.