Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Xml and XSD

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 04 May 2006]

Hello Forum

I have a question concerning xml and xsd. As I understand the Acuxml should be able to create File Description based on a Xml file.

But in my case I don't have xml files, I only got the Xsd files which describes how the xml files should be made. As I understand I can't get the file descriptions made before I got the xml files, but I need the FD to make the xml-files in cobol anyway.

It looks like what we in danish call what comes first the egg or the hen.

As I believe the only solution is to make the xml files by hand and then get this files turned into a file description, and then I can make xml files from my cobol program.

Isn't there a way to avoid making these xml files by hand, it is not easy and I have a lot of different xsd descriptions.

I am surprised that acuxml can't handle xsd files, while a xsd files should contain all the information of the xml file, and based on these information it should be easy to make the file descriptions.

Have anybody got into the same problem, and have you found a more easy solution, that making the xml files by hand.

Best Regards

Steen Jensen, DK
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Xml and XSD

The XML-to-FD Conversion Utility, XML2FD, does support working with a scheme only . There are several caveats to this especially if the XSD is in effect trying to create multiple 01 level data items.

If the schema is too complex for XML2FD then you may have to figure out the data and parse the XML with C$XML versus using AcuXML.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.